View two solar eclipses with UNT Physics
1st event: October 14, 2023, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm Annular Eclipse
We will see a partial solar eclipse in the DFW area - the Moon will block 86% of the Sun in Denton
- On-campus event: Curry Hall Lawn, 200 Avenue A
- Join the UNT Society of Physics Students to view the eclipse together! Enjoy demos and educational activities. Free event, eclipse glasses provided.
- More details: https://spsunt.square.site/solar-eclipses
- Off-campus event: Rafes Urban Astronomy Center (RUAC), 2350 Tom Cole Road, Ponder
- Visit the observatory to see the eclipse through our telescopes and enjoy educational presentations and activities. Entry is $7 per person, eclipse glasses provided.
- More details: https://astronomy.unt.edu/solar-eclipse
2nd event: April 8, 2024, Total Eclipse
- There will be activities both on-campus (99.8% of totality) and off-campus.
- We will also partner with UT Dallas and host activities on UTD campus (100% totality) through an NSF-supported project: http://physics.unt.edu/~yl0657/PAARE/eclipse.html
DO NOT view a solar eclipse without protection from certified solar glasses
Questions or requests? Microsoft Forms