Applications for the 2023-2024 TEXAS Cohort are now open! Review of applications will begin on
March 1 March 15, 2023.
Interviews will be conducted in late March through April until both positions are filled.
Bridge fellows are expected to begin the program at the beginning of June 2023.
Bridge fellows must have completed a BS or BA in Physics, Astronomy, or a related field from an accredited college or university by the time the program starts (June 2023). Bridge fellows must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We particularly encourage applications by individuals from groups that are historically underrepresented in astronomy and astrophysics.
Components of the Application
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume
- Personal Statement: a statement (up to two pages) describing your research interests, experiences, and motivation for applying to the bridge program.
- Diversity Statement: a one-page statement describing your experiences and future plans to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Transcripts: both unofficial and official undergraduate transcripts are acceptable.
- Letters of Recommendation: only one letter of recommendation is required but up to three are accepted. We recommend reaching out to academic advisors, research advisors, internship supervisors, mentors, teachers, or employers.
CV, personal statements, diversity statements, and transcripts should be submitted here. Letters of recommendation should be emailed directly to email@example.com.