The UNT Department of Physics offers Master's and Doctoral degree programs.
Review of applications for Fall semesters will begin February 15th of each year. After February 15th admission offers will vary depending on space available. The physics graduate program is designed for students to begin in Fall, however, Spring admission may be granted on a case by case basis with review of applications beginning October 15th. There is no guarantee that there will be openings for Spring and incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications received after these dates will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
2. GRE scores. The UNT University code is 6481.
3. Transcripts from all universities you have attended. Final decisions concerning admittance cannot be made until official transcripts have been received.
4. Statement of Purpose
5. C.V. Curriuculum Vitae
6. Two letters of recommendation are required from faculty in Physics or closely related fields. Please instruct your recommenders to submit their letters on official letterhead to email@example.com or use our fillable form. Additional letters may be submitted as well.
7. International Student requirements: Proof of English language proficiency.
- Additional acceptance criteria apply to international applicants. Please refer to UNT International Admissions Office for details.